- Take 8G iPhone and drop (while listening) into pond
- Remove iPhone from pond and towel off
- Attempt to turn off iPhone by holding down hold button
- When touchscreen is unresponsive (when attempting to activate slider to power off device) place into Ziploc bag and fill with uncooked rice in powered-on state (flickering screen optional)
- Leave in sealed bag for 72 hours
If you have followed the instructions carefully, you will be left with an 8G iPod Shuffle without any of those flashy iPhone features like display, touchscreen, built-in speakers but can easily sync with iTunes and control music playback with the play/pause switch on the headphones. Enjoy the simplicity!