This week my boss heads to London for a meeting of the combined IT groups from the three primary PlayStation divisions. It’s the same trip I went to last year that resulted in my extended stay. This time, however, I am unable to go as I had already made plans to attend Maker Faire with my family.
While thinking about that trip, I realized that while I don’t travel too often, I have had the opportunity through work to visit quite a few ‘motherships.’ Since I’m a geek by profession, they’re ones most people wouldn’t care about but some might find the list interesting:
- Sony Computer Entertainment America (my employer) – Foster City, CA
- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe – London, UK
- Sony City – Shinagawa, Japan
- NetApp (storage vendor) – Sunnyvale, CA
- EMC (storage vendor) – Hopkinton, MA
- Apple – Cupertino, CA
I have a love/hate relationship with traveling. I like the experience, but can’t say that I wish to do more. I can’t think of any upcoming additions to the list but who knows what the future has in store.